Discovery Program collaborates with educators regularly by providing practical information for teachers about teaching students with learning challenges through workshops and in-service training.
Workshops and In-Service Training
- Workshops—Half day or full day workshops are offered for professionals involved in education and can be held at your school. These professional development workshops focus on current topics in education and can be credited towards CEUs.
- In-Service Training – Topic strands are explored in smaller time units with on-going support and mentoring to extend and strengthen the implementation and application of skills learned into classroom practice.
Sample Workshop and In-Service Training Topics:
- Accelerating Learning Development
- Developing Number Sense
- Essential Components of Reading Instruction
- Fluency Factors
- Foundations of Reading
- Identification of Learning Needs
- Literacy Application
- Mediating Mathematics
- Morphology: One Key to Vocabulary Development
- Seven Parameters of Thinking
- Spelling: Orthographic Patterns and Memory
- Structural Cognitive Modifiability
- Teaching How to Learn in a What to Learn Culture
- The Intelligence Dilemma
- The Language Braid- Developing Critical Thinking Skills Through Literacy
- Why Teach Handwriting?
Please contact us at 757-597-7700 if you would like to discuss additional topics or arrange a speaker.